The sternwheeler La Center was built dock site by Pete Moe, Uriah Brothers and the E.C. Brothers in 1912. Originally the La Center Sternwheeler operated with a gas engine and carried only freight. Later the La Center Sternwheeler was converted to steam and a second deck was added for passengers. Service on the East Fork of the Lewis River ended in 1931.