Kent Anderson, descendent of La Center pioneers, Caroline and Magilbra Anderson who homesteaded the land in 1865. In 1965 a family centennial celebration was held that brought over 97 direct descendants of the pioneer family.
He once ran an egg farm and had 16,000 pullets. Kent was known for his love of woodworking. He worked many hours helping to restore the Cedar Creek Grist Mill. Kent and his wife Mary lived there until Kent's eyesight failed him. They then moved to Salmon Creek.
The Anderson homestead, (the large white house) sits just up the road from the high school, about one fourth mile from the La Center Cemetery and across the street. The Perrott family now owns the home.
Interview ca 2008 - 2012 by Candy Falk